NOTE: The Wispr Outer Collar may optionally be used with the Welch Allyn 3.5 V Lithium Ion Rechargeable Handle (71910) to smoothly integrate the Wispr with the battery handle. If you do not want this option or are using one of the other supported rechargeable handles, please skip to Step 2.
- (Optional) To attach the Outer Collar onto the handle, slide the provided Outer Collar (tapered end first) over the 3.5 V Lithium Ion Rechargeable Handle. Push the Outer Collar downward until the bottom of the Outer Collar rests flush against the top of the chrome ring. It is a friction fit that
when installed keeps the green locking button disengaged. This allows turning the outer collar as the method to turn the Wispr on and off. It also provides for a finished look to the handle and Wispr. Move onto Step 2.
- Align the notch located at the base of Wispr head with the ledge on the rechargeable battery handle. NOTE: Optional collar not shown for clarity.
- Once aligned, press down lightly (along the axis of the handle) on the Wispr and turn the Wispr in a clockwise direction to lock in place. To remove, press down slightly (along the axis of the handle) on the Wispr and turn counter-clockwise. The device should detach easily with light pressure.
NOTE: Optional collar not shown for clarity
- (Optional) For added security, using the hex wrench and set screw provided, simply insert set screw in the hole to the right of the notch on the Wispr head and turn the set screw clockwise to lock in place.
NOTE: It is not possible to use the optional outer collar if you want to
secure the Wispr with the set screw on the battery handle.
Turn set screw counter-clockwise to remove.
Caution: If the set screw is used to secure the Wispr to the handle, it must be removed before attempting to detach head from the handle.
Powering On & Off the Wispr on a Rechargeable Handle
The WiscMed Wispr requires full power from the handle to operate.
- Provide full power to the Wispr by turning the power rheostat clockwise to maximum. This should be done in one fluid movement. The WiscMed logo will appear briefly on the LCD touchscreen as the device initializes.
- When finished with the exam, turn the power off by turning the power rheostat counter-clockwise to ‘off’.
Click here to buy
Click here to subscribe to WiscMed