Date: January 1, 2021
Version Notes: Includes features such as persistent image mode (returns to the previous mode when re-started), improved image, and larger touchscreen pull up areas.
Hardware Requirement: Supported on all Wisprs with serial numbers 1000 and higher. The Wispr serial number can be found on the product identification label located on the left side of the Wispr.
NOTE: Changing your software version deletes all images and videos stored on your Wispr. Make sure to save required images and videos prior to changing software versions. Click here to learn how to save images and videos.
Here is a link to a knowledge base item explaining how to determine your current software level.
Once you have determined that a newer software version is available, the written instructions are below or watch this video to upgrade the Wispr software.
Upgrading your Wispr software
The software on the Wispr is upgradable via the USB port. You can check the current version of the software on your Wispr by following the instructions in the System Information section. You should only upgrade software if you are instructed to do so by support, or if there are new features available that you would like to have on your Wispr.
NOTE: It’s a good idea to make sure your USB drive is compatible by saving an image from the Wispr to the USB drive. If this works, upgrading software from the USB drive should also be successful.
Caution: Upgrading the Wispr software deletes all images and video on the device. Make sure to save the images and videos you need before upgrading the software.
To upgrade your software, download the new software version at the bottom of this web page. Make sure that the version you want to use is supported by your Wispr.
- Place the software file (ends in .hex) in the root (top) directory of your supported USB drive. Make sure there is only one version of the software in the root directory.
- Insert the USB with the correct software into the Wispr.
- Hold down the blue action button and at the same time power up the Wispr.
- You will get an “UPGRADE SEQUENCE STARTED” message. You may release the blue action button after getting this message.
- You will get an “ERASING OLD FIRMWARE” message.
- You will get an upgrade status message.
- You will get “UPGRADE COMPLETED. RUNNING WISCMED.” The upgrade should take less than a minute.
The device will reboot and display the running software version.